There I was in a hot yoga studio with plenty of bright natural light and bending myself into pretzel like positions for the very first time.
Best Dog Training Collar – Electronic Training Collar
Best Dog Training Collar: Dogs are seen as life companions or family. As such, owners are aware of what type of care their dogs need. A huge part of a dog’s upbringing relies on proper training. It’s one important factor that owners must remember (*Electronic Training Collar).
Training is different for every dog. The course depends on what owners want or need their pets to learn. Some people take it upon themselves to teach their dogs. And some feel more comfortable knowing they follow a specific course and is guided by professional dog trainers. Using accessories during training is said to help them learn better. Every owner who plans to train their pets should invest in the best dog training collar.
How Training Collars Work
Training collars, or what many consider as shock or electronic collars are often used to keep your pet’s behavior in check. Family dogs that bark excessively or food aggression are trained with these collars. It helps train pups to stay within gated fences when leashes are removed.
Don’t get this wrong. Shock collars aren’t used as punishment. This is a tool used to discourage negative behavior. When unwanted behavior is associated with an uncomfortable jolt from the collar, pets are reminded that they should not display such behavior.
Jolts from an approved and recommended dog training collars are considered safe and won’t cause any lasting physical harm. Shock collars differ. The intensity of the shocks vary and can be different depending on the type of training they undergo.
Remember, the use of training collars doesn’t make you a bad pet parent. It won’t cause any issues with their mental or physical health and you’re training them to have better behavior by using a useful tool.
Things to Consider When Buying Dog Collars
As with every effort of behavior modification, there are pros and cons. It’s important to have awareness before buying or choosing any of the collars. While experts recommend the use of training collars, it’s still crucial for owners to have a better idea about what it entails. This leads to better decisions not only for you but for your pets as well.
Training collars are used in various occasions and in controlling specific behaviors. It’s an essential tool that is useful for any pet parent out there. Pet parents interested in this particular device should know what to expect from using it.
Technology has given a huge hand on the current developments of dog training collars. The major risks removed. And new things and functions added to ensure efficiency. This is one important factor when buying training collars.
Going outdoors and exposing the device to elements like water, dust or mud can damage the functionality of the collar. If you love the outdoors or you have considered fence training, they need to be outdoors. The durability and longevity of these collars are crucial.
It’s always better if you are able to give your pets more freedom to roam around while still being on top of the training.
This is one of the most important factors. Many professionals warned owners about the potential risks that training with aversive techniques can do. It’s necessary to keep them safe and free from harm while doing the training. They might experience a certain discomfort, but they should not feel any pain.
Confusion is quite common for people without any experience with the device. And with all the various choices, it’s even more difficult to decide. One sure way to know a device and what it has to offer, you should read small dog training collar reviews or any related reviews regarding the products.
PROS and CONS of Using Training Collars
Intensity of shocks is adjustable
Modern collars give pet owners flexibility and more choices. Instead of immediately giving pressing the shock button, there is a warning beep. Vibration mode and adjustable shock levels are also available. Spray collar is another alternative for electronic collars, especially if you’re still not certain of training collars.
Sure and faster results
Many reports show the efficiency of shock collars. It only took several uses for them to correct their pet’s unwanted behavior. Once they get used to warning vibrations or sounds, it’s easier. Once they associated the warnings with the uncomfortable shocks, there is no need to actually use shocks anymore. Those who have yards use training collars for convenience.
You can leave your pets alone
Technology is an amazing thing. These days, collars are equipped with advanced features like efficient functions despite you not being around to press the button. Training collars help with chronic barking and other behavioral issues. Owners who don’t usually stay in their homes because of work don’t want to disturb neighbors with incessant barking. This also applies when you leave home yet you wish for your dogs to have free reign over the yard space. Remember that while it’s good to let your pets out in the yard, letting them stay there for long periods of time will be bad for them.
Some can’t afford professional dog training facility services or dog trainers. Most training collars are priced from $30-$250 or more. Price differs based on features and uses. The higher the quality, the more expensive it is. But compared to training courses, it’s still cheaper. It’s also a one time purchase.
This has proven to cause no harm to pets. However, it doesn’t change the fact that you’re promoting behavior change through aversive techniques. Most professionals prefer it if training involves reward and positive reinforcement to create results.
It can be the cause for fear
When not used properly, the use of top rated electronic dog training collars can be associated to fear. Ad training pets with fear is never a good thing. It is dangerous. The shock can easily be connected to people, situations, and things. It’s riskier if used constantly. The key is proper guidance and application.
There’s no positive reward
Collars are used to deter negative behavior. But it’s not meant to provide positive recognition. Therefore, it won’t promote positive behavior unless you work hard to incorporate it with their training. It’s absolutely important to teach proper behavior and encourage good manners while curbing the negative ones for pets to grow properly.
Correcting their behavior too much
One downside of automated training collars is you might have difficulties regulating the frequencies. And even if there are regulations, it’ll be difficult. There are chances when behavior that isn’t supposed to be corrected is deterred because of these collars. Over-correcting their behavior becomes a really big problem.
Best Dog Electronic Training Collars in the Market
Looking for better collar options? Not sure which ones are the best? What you need is a consolidated list of the best collars with its key features and honest dog training collars reviews.
Here’s a list of the best dog training collar options you can go for.
PetTech PT0Z1 Premium Dog Training Shock Collar
The PetTech Premium Training Dog Collar helps both professional trainers and owners with behavior modification for dogs weighing 10-100 lbs. It’s one of the most popular and well-utilized options in the market.
- 4 Modes (Light, Beeping sound, Vibration, Shock) that can be customized from 1-100 in terms of intensity. Some owners have tried it on themselves before putting it on their dogs. The zap is quite effective and powerful when you start with level 50. Make sure you’re aware of your dog’s pain tolerance and if they have any aversion with this type of training before you use it.
- Highly water-proof which makes it really durable.
- Perfect for personalized training. The receiver can be detached from the built-in collar and attached to a different one. This helps when your pets feel uncomfortable with the given collar. Simply remove the receiver and have it attached to collars that fit your pet.
- Long-lasting battery life coupled with a fast-charging lithium battery for longer use.
- Auto-Protect Mode is available to conserve power when not used.
- Can be used with basic behavior training like leash and food aggression, excessive barking, and behavioral obedience. While the collar doesn’t have a fence feature, it can still be used for fence training.
Manufacturers recommend that users be aware of how long their dogs are using the collar. It shouldn’t be used beyond 12 hours.
DOG CARE Dog Training Collar – Upgraded Dog Shock
The upgraded version of this electric collar boasts more functions and features. Many consider this the dream dog training collar with its efficiency and numerous uses. The collar strongly encourages owners to get to know their dogs more and always train them with respect and love in order to yield the best results.
- The 3 Training Modes (Beeping Mode, Vibration, and shock) allows flexibility and effective training. It also encourages safety. You don’t have to use the shock mode unless their behavior is considered extreme. This has been deemed a perfect option for basic behavioral training.
- A remote that prevents accidental shocks. Notice that some remotes are highly sensitive. This allows the receiver to pick-up commands at farther distances. However, accidental button pushes is also an issue. Accidental shocks might be the cause of over-correction. And this instills fear to any pet. The remote mechanism helps protect accidental presses that will endanger your pets.
- Customize intensity level from 0-99. Dogs of different sizes have different pain tolerance. It means you should customize everything and set it to a level that will only startle but never hurt your dogs. Aside from shock intensity adjustment, you can also adjust the collar size to match your dog’s size.
- The remote controls up to 9 channels. Do you have several dogs? Want to train them together but you can’t? While other training collars only allow a maximum of 2 channels which helps control two dogs. This shock collar helps control up to 9 receivers simultaneously. This is very perfect for households with several dogs they wish to train.
- Up to 330 yards. Signals still remain strong until 330 yards. This distance makes it easier to look after them even if you’re far apart.
- Long-lasting battery life for longer usage.
New X-Series SportDOG 425 Family Remote Trainers
Considered as one of the most technologically-advanced training collars in the list, SportDOG is here to offer pet owners and professional trainers with more. Some training collars are effectively used for basic behavior changes and modification. This can be used for more advanced training, especially when you have hunting dogs. It’s considered the perfect choice for pets and pet parents who love doing outdoorsy stuff.
- DryTeck feature allows the transmitter and receiver to be completely waterproof. It is also submersible up to 25 feet. Such a feature comes in handy when you’re constantly outdoors.
- There are basically three training modes. The shock or static, the beeping mode, and the vibration mode. You can use either for training. It depends on the trainer and how the dog reacts to these types of training. Static shock has 7 different levels of intensity from low to medium ranges.
- A 500-yard range allows trainers and pet owners to stimulate and train even in longer distances. The transmitter can control up to 9 collars. However, the package only has three collars for dogs (average weight 8 pounds, average neck size 5” up to 22”). If you have more than three pets, you can purchase additional collars.
- Fast-charging. Maximum charging time- 2 hours. And it lasts up to 70 hours. The package includes a split-end charger. This allows you to charge the collar and transmitter simultaneously.
These products were tested under different conditions and through various seasons. Different things are factored in as well. when you’re doing outdoor activities, dust, mud, and other elements are often at play. This can mess up the accuracy and performance of each collar. SportDOG guarantees outdoor elements won’t be an issue.
Petrainer 100% Waterproof Dog Shock Collar
Petrainer Shock Collar was designed with a beginner pet parent in mind. Most people spend a lot of time trying to learn how to operate transmitters or remotes in order to avoid safety risks. Instead of focusing your time and energy on learning every single detail, the simple and easy-to-understand interface of this remote makes it convenient for you.
- First-time pet owners need not worry about how they can use this shock collar. With its efficiency, many are using it for basic behavior training. Put an end to bad behavior without too much effort.
- The collar has the standard training modes: Static (Shock), Stimulation (Vibration), and Tone (Beep) Modes. This helps cater to the differences of each dog’s behavior and the training style of owners. The static intensity can also be adjusted accordingly. 0-100 are the available levels.
- The remote range reaches up to 1000 feet or 330 yards. The collar can be adjusted for neck sizes up to 25 inches. These adjustment options are essential for your dog’s comfort and safety. This also guarantees that collars efficiency.
- Water-proofed features make it more convenient regardless of weather. It guarantees durability and device longevity.
The product comes with a 1-year warranty upon purchase. If you register your collar, your warranty coverage will be extended up to three years.
Educator E-Collar Remote Dog Training Collar
One can easily tell the device apart from others. It’s ergonomic stopwatch like design isn’t hard to miss. The device was designed to promote safety for all pets. According to the manufacturers, their ‘blunt statics’ are created for more humane training time with pets. Instead of using sharp shocks, the blunt stimulus won’t be as painful but it still provides the same effectiveness. The collars, which are also known as Educator devices, are built with quality in mind.
- This can be operated within the range of half a mile. This is perfect for transmitting signals in long distances. You don’t have to worry about letting them out in the yard or outdoors. Educators also come in ¾-mile ranges.
- The receiver is small but is still effective. If your dog finds it uncomfortable, a smaller receiver won’t be noticed that easily. And there’s a higher chance they won’t mind having a collar with a receiver attached.
- The ergonomic ‘stopwatch’ design of the transmitter makes it easier for owners and trainers to accomplish different things. It’s relatively small and can easily be concealed when training. The button can also be pressed while counting 1.5 seconds to give off the warning (beep) tone without watching the transmitter’s screen.
- The static sensation delivered is similar to vibration but at a higher level. It helps effectively stimulate your pet and helps them easily remember the sensation.
- Intensity levels can be from 1-100. There’s an additional feature. The boost stimulation is different from blunt vibration. And this is used to add more force. The intensity ranges from 1-60.
- Dual charging is an important feature that allows you to charge the collar and transmitter simultaneously. The lithium-polymer battery takes 2 hours to fully charge for you to use it for longer hours.
The receiver is known for its water-resisting features. Aside from that, it also has a light beacon. When you press the transmitter, you’ll be able to get the location of your pet even in the dark. The small light beacon acts as a tracker and an indicator that a mode is about to be activated.
BOOCOSA Dog Training Collar-Remote Rechargeable Shock Collar for Dogs
One of the most popular choice for a basic training collar is the BOOCOSA training collar. It contains all the standard features such as different modes for training. And it also promotes safety and more humane features compared to its other counterparts. It is also described as one of the most durable devices. If you’re constantly outdoors or constantly using the training collar with your dog, durability is a crucial factor.
- Standard and Safe training modes to choose from. You have your standard Tone Mode that serves as a warning. The Vibration mode can be used with intensity levels that range from 1-8/. For the static shock mode, levels vary from 1-16. Choosing the right intensity is key to succeeding in the training with your pet.
- Neck collar can fit up to 27 inches to accommodate medium to bigger dogs
- Versatility – Many have claimed that they were able to use the device inside their yard and outside the home without any problem. The transmitter reaches up to 1200 feet. If you decide to take them outdoors, it won’t be a problem at all. The transmitter is also made to accommodate two different channels. This means you can use two collars and train both of your pets at the same time.
- Simple design that’s easy to understand – The buttons were made to make it easier for users to access. Confusion is common when you use a device for the first time. For pet parents, dilly-dallying can be very difficult to deal with. Behavior modification should be done immediately and properly. When you have better command of the device, it makes training easier and faster. And success is highly likely because of this.
- Waterproof Durability – Imagine not removing the collar when your dog accidentally gets into water or if you ever decide to swim with them. It’s convenient and you can continue training. During these situations, there’s a chance that negative behavior might arise.
- Lithium polymer for enduring performance – charging time is 2 to 3 hours. When fully charged, the device can last from 15- 20 days.
One year warranty is being offered to those who purchase BOOCOSA dog training collar.
There are numerous dog training collars to choose from. It’s normal to feel confused. The most important thing is to consider the different factors that directly affect your pets. Their size, temperament, and current behavior allow you to know what type of training they need most. Choosing a collar becomes easier when range, functionality and features, longevity, and durability are considered. You also need to answer the question, ‘Why are you training them?’. This way, you’ll be able to choose the right type.
The best dog training collar reviews will tell you the different benefits of choosing a specific brand or unit. But comparing collars with each other will not work if you don’t consider your needs and your pet’s needs properly.