Dog training experts and even amateur dog owners are always seeking for the best wireless dog training collar that they can find in the market. That is because these collars are very effective when you want to train your dog for more complex tricks or if you want to put a stop to their unwanted behaviors. These electric dog collars are also used to keep your dog within the safe areas in your property.
However, there are plenty of training collars that you can choose from so how can you select the best device for your pooch? Let this simple buying guide help you select the right electric collar for effective dog training.
Things To Consider When Buying Wireless Dog Training Collar
There are plenty of best dog training collar reviews that you can find online. This will make you wonder if what are the important factors that you have to consider when you are looking for a dog collar for training. Remember that the device that you need to find for your dog will also depend on your training goals and the kind of dog that you have. Some features can be helpful for larger dogs, but not for smaller dogs. So always consider these two factors to help evaluate whether the collar is the right one for your dog.
Dog Training Goals.
When choosing a dog training collar, remember that each of them has different purposes. Look for a training collar that is specifically made for your training goals – whether its for yard training, for excessive barking, or if you are training working or a hunting dog.
Size And Temperament.
As mentioned above, there are collars that are perfect for large dogs but are not suitable for smaller dogs. Find recommended dog training collars that fit properly with your dog. There are collars that can be adjusted but you wouldn’t want to buy a collar made for large dogs if you have a small dog.
Best Wireless Dog Training Collar
PetControlHQ Wireless Combo Electric Dog Fence System
This is an easy-to-install electric pet containment system. This is specifically designed to train your dog inside or outside your home. This rechargeable and waterproof wireless dog training collar is the best choice if you want to train your pooch off-leash and also to stop any nuisance behaviors. You can choose from 10 levels of intensity and this can train multiple dogs at once. This comes with a remote and a wireless dog training collar. You can design your own perimeter depending on your preference and just avoid attaching it to a solid metal fence. When your dog is nearing the boundary edge, it will beep and they will receive a static correction.
- Safe And Easy Option For Dog Training. This safe and easy anti bark dog collar is the best choice if you are planning for off-leash training. This can help you stop them from excessive barking, digging on the ground, making them stay within the property, and also prevent them from jumping over your fence.
- This training system can be installed above or below the ground. In fact, you can choose from different customizable layouts. This electric fence can expand for up to 10 acres as long as you purchase additional wire.
- Fits Most Dog Sizes. If you have a pup to train, there’s no need to worry that they will outgrow their training leash. This is designed even with extra-large, large, medium, and also small breed dogs. It can also fir dogs who weigh 11 to 154 lbs and neck size that ranges from 8 to 27 inches.
- Can Be Used For Up To 3 Dogs. This pet containment system can train up to 3 dogs at the same time with the remote dog training collars for small dogs or large dogs. All you need is to make sure that each of your dogs has dog training collars. The remote will let you pick which of these dogs needs to be corrected.
Teaker Dog Training Collar
Teaker is one of the most trusted names when it comes to the development of the dog training collar. They have been manufacturing the best products for five years through their research on pet behavior psychology that can help you as a trainer or dog owner establish a good relationship with your pooch. However, this dog training collar is not suitable for extra large dogs and those that are too aggressive.
- All New Upgrades. This dog training collar has new upgrades! Now, it comes with advanced designs that can assure you that you have full control of the device even on longer than 1800-feet distance. The remote signal can even be controlled even across the wall.
- Comes In Modes. Because it comes in 4 different modes, you can first start with a beep mode to improve your dogs’ walking and also for leash training. You can then shift to Vibration mode if you want to correct excessive barking and disobedience. The Shock Mode will help you achieve effective training.
- Prevents Accidental Shock. Teaker dog training collar is built with a standby mode feature to prevent accidental shock. With this feature, you can be sure that there will not be hurting your dog accidentally.
- Easily Adjustable. This training collar by Teaker is made from skin-friendly frosted leather. It is very soft and feels comfortable for your dog. This premium leather collar will not stink even when used for a long time and it can also be cleaned easily.
PetSafe Stay and Play Fence Receiver Collar
This wireless fence can create a circular boundary to prevent your pet from escaping 22 to 105 feet up to 20 feet across. This boundary can be easily adjusted by just turning a dial. You can install the transmitter right at the center of your pets’ play area and then plug it into the nearest electrical outlet. You can also place boundary flags temporarily for visual aid while you are training your pets.
- Train Unlimited Pets. Unlike other fence training system, this one from PetSafe can let you put unlimited pets to help keep your pets safe anywhere in your yard. This is the best choice if you have plenty of dogs at home. It can fit pets that are more than 5 pounds and neck sizes that range from 6 to 28 inches.
- Five Adjustable Levels. This device has 5 different levels of correction. This will make it easy for you to find the best level that would fit what you need for your dog. Aside from that, it also includes a ‘tone only’ mode that can be used while training your pooch.
- Waterproof And Rechargeable. When choosing a pet containment system, it is important that you choose the ones that are waterproof and rechargeable. The receiver collar can easily charge in 2 to 3 hours and this can last for up to 3 weeks, depending on use.
- Customizable For Your Pet. This wireless containment system can be customized depending on what your pet needs. Its pass-through receiver collars will allow you to use non-metallic strap pet collar with either short or long contact points.
VINSIC Shock Collar for Dogs
The shock collar from Vinsic comes with a remote has a receiver, a collar, and a transmitter. This device has a long battery that is fast charging too. It is very safe for your dog because it is adjustable that can let you cut out the collar depending on the size of your pooch.
- Packed With Amazing Features. This device is best used with large dogs. It has three modes (static, vibration, and beep) that you can choose from. It is also built with 1 to 5 levels of static shock, vibration, and beep.
- Remote Distance. Unlike other wireless dog training collar that has a limited remote distance, this device from Vinsic has a remote distance of up to 300 meters. This distance should be without obstacles and other interference that can disrupt the signal.
- Safe And Effective. This dog collar is specifically designed for effective and safe dog training. Still, manufacturer advice to avoid using it on your dog for more than 12 hours a day. As much as possible, you also need to reposition the collar every 1 to 2 hours.
- Waterproof Design. Its waterproof design will let you take your dog out and enjoy the rainy days, or maybe swim around the lake on summertime. You still need to wash the neck are of your pet as well as the contacts of the collar using a damp cloth every week.
When choosing the best dog training collar always remember that each product has benefits and features that you might or might not need for your dog training. Always consider your options. Take a look at the dog training collars mentioned above and find out which of these is the best for you and your pooch.